15 Great Argumentative Essay Topics About Education
There is nothing as amazing as being asked to write an argumentative essay. These are essays that pretty much require you to take the platform and put forward your ideas, your thoughts, your impressions about things and give comments on what you think should be done. It is all about speaking your mind, and your paper becomes the ultimate platform for you to achieve this.
With this kind of an essay, you are supposed to essentially pick up a position, do some good research on the same and come up with a conclusive paper that supports your argument. No one is going to castigate you for the choices that you have made, but the most important thing that you have to realize is that in this paper, you are speaking your mind freely, though backed with evidence and really good research. The following are some great topics that you can write about on education:
- Parenting classes should be introduced and made mandatory for first time parents
- What is the appropriate age for children to start attending school?
- Is the Electoral College really a necessity?
- High stakes tests should not be mandatory for students
- Are elite schools increasing the divide between the rich and the poor?
- Students must not be forced to learn foreign languages
- Schools should set restrictions on the food that students carry in for lunch
- Discuss the benefits and disadvantages of home schooling, comparing it with normal schooling
- Technology in classrooms; discuss the extent to which technology should be used in classes
- Is it okay to pay college athletes? Put an emphasis on some of the advantages and disadvantages of doing this
- Is it necessary to offer remedial classes in college? How effective are they?
- Should there be standards set to regulate the current educational curriculum, based on the needs and requirements of the schools?
- Legal run-ins should be displayed on the academic results of a student: Discuss
- Discuss the possible consequences of plagiarism and the punishments that can be administered to students who are found to have infringed on some of these rules
- Should all school children be made to undergo high school life skills classes? What are the benefits that students can get from these classes?
As you can probably see, most of these are simple things that you experience on a daily basis.